So, while Ben is off in Guatemala, I'm having some adventures back here too and figured I should update this blog with some of my pictures. I went to Chicago a few weekends ago to visit a friend of mine- Vonda.
Chicago was beautiful and fun as well as a bit of a whirlwind trip. I spent more time in the airport i think. haha. oh well, thats how it is when you fly standby!! The buildings are beautiful. The people are so diverse. I always heard another language being spoken. We got to go to the Field Museum. It was a beautiful building with a lot of really cool exhibits. After that, we crossed over to the aquarium. The aquarium building was so beautiful with sea themes extending to even the molding and the light fixtures. It was probably the best aquarium I have ever been to.
Vonda and I in front of the Field Museum.
This is Sue. The most complete T-Rex fossil found anywhere. But, I was a bit disappointed. I somehow thought that T-Rex's were bigger than that... or at least that was my impression from Jurassic Park!
The lights inside the aquarium.
And look at that molding! Beautiful!
Here is Vonda with an Anaconda!!! Yikes!
EW! Scariest thing ever... I can barely look at this picture!!! Spider Crabs!
A seahorse!
Can you find the seahorses in this picture?
Oh yeah! :) Penguins... I was SO excited! I LOVE penguins!
watch them walk!!
The gift shop!
My favorite picture of the whole trip. Hands down.
Downtown Chicago!
The bean! Craziest sculpture!
Vonda and I in the reflection of the bean!
Strangest water fountain I have ever seen. It was so neat though! I could have easily sat here and stared at it for a while!
Lake Michagan
On the Ferris Wheel! Did you know the Ferris Wheel was invented here in Chicago for the Worlds Fair? They wanted to make something that would beat the Eiffel Tower. It was successful but on another level! The original one no longer exists.
Chicago at night!
It was quite a crazy and jam packed full trip but I really enjoyed Chicago and hope I can go back and spend a but more time there. It was great to see Vonda and see a new city.
1 comment:
Hi, great pictures! Glad you are having adventures too. Give Ben a big hug from us and have a good time. Love, Joan { Ben's Mom }odp
Post a Comment